Who in the world would start a business in the middle of the pandemic? I mean there’s really no real guidelines as to when to start but according to Companies House, there is a 47% increase of businesses that grew from June 2020.
This makes sense! Most of our users have found more time to dedicate to their hobbies or emerging side-business because of the pandemic. Many users have reported expansion of their business by looking towards finding a dark kitchen.
What is a dark kitchen?
A dark kitchen is a growing industry that involves a space where people can prep, cook, or bake goods for takeaways or deliveries.
Why should you use a dark kitchen?
Many of our users are currently looking for a dark kitchen for several reasons including, but not limited to:
- Expansion of their baking or catering business as they need more space and equipment to continue to grow with more orders
- Downsizing from restaurants to kitchen-only spaces for takeaways and deliveries to save on rent during lockdowns
- Certified dark kitchens are necessary for people want to turn their business to be takeaway/delivery delivery and add their businesses on apps like Deliveroo or Uber Eats
- Flexible contracts are growing in demand as some people don’t want a full commitment until they find the perfect space
- Low Overhead Cost as people can use equipment and amenities in these dark kitchens to save on initial investments
We want to hear from you! We’re currently conducting interviews for our Space Seekers who are looking for kitchens. If you’re interested please schedule one here: https://calendly.com/paola-29/occupyd-interview