While beauty and wellness businesses sadly remain closed in the UK, business owners across Europe that have already reopened are seeing an increase of booking numbers for both new and current clients.
You’ll need to decide how to manage demand when reopening beauty salons.
That’s why we’ve created this checklist with 8 essential questions to help you set a strategic plan to manage your demand whilst following guidelines and restrictions to protect your collaborators and clients. Check it out 👇
- Do you have an online booking and cashless payment system in place?
- Do you know what treatments and services you will offer when you first reopen?
- Will you be able to meet a possible demand for shorter, express services so customers can be in and out quickly?
- How many clients will you be able to schedule per day with social distancing limiting the number of people in your business at a time?
- Will you prioritise repeat clients during the first weeks or also book new clients?
- How will you decide which clients get priority?
- How are you going to assist clients who need patch test 48 hours before specific services?
- Will you have extended opening hours?
Make sure to go through these questions, so you can have a clear plan on how to manage your demand and get #ReadyForReopening.
Just like you, many professionals can’t wait to get back to work – not all of them have a place to accommodate clients, though. List your space on Occupyd today to make extra income by renting a chair, room or the whole space when it’s safe to open again. 💰