Have the opportunity to take ownership of the codebase and be a vital part of an exciting Edinburgh tech start-up
You’ve probably heard of ‘co-working’ and maybe even flexible workspaces like WeWork. But have you ever wondered what happens when you need something more than just a space to put down a laptop? Occupyd lists all these types of spaces and allows entrepreneurs and small businesses to find and access them easily. We’re on a mission to make physical space work for people who need it, when and how they need it. Our platform connects those who have extra space with those who need it
Our platform is a responsive web-focused online marketplace. As we get more feedback from our users, we are building more exciting features by the day. We make sure that what we build reflects on the community that we’re building on our platform.
We are looking for a full-stack developer to get in at the ground of our growing team based in the heart of Edinburgh city centre. We’re a close-knit bunch with strong values and a passion for building an amazing place to work.
- You’ll be jumping into to an early stage product and be able to have a meaningful impact on the code. You’ll be able to feed into the system’s architecture and build solutions to business-critical problems
- You’ll have knowledge of Angular (Typescript), NoSQL, Node.js and Google Cloud Platform (Firebase/BigQuery)– or be confident that you can easily transfer what you know to these technologies. Additional skills would include: Automated Testing, Git, SQL, Amazon Web Services, Ubuntu, Bootstrap. Desirable skills would include API’s for Stripe and Send Grid.
- You will have followed agile development practices and be comfortable with sprint methodology, ticket resolution, regular deployments and team collaboration.
- You will be able to take requirements, and run with them.
- We’ve got exciting and interesting projects in the pipeline that we need your help with such as:
- Features including reviews & ratings to continuously ensure high-quality listings and build trust for our users
- Ongoing improvements in data collection so all teams are more informed when making decisions
- Providing necessary data and functionality
We’re looking for a Junior-to-mid level candidate who looks like this:
- You have opinions and want to do the right thing.
- You can talk to anyone – you can explain technical details to non technical people
Drop us an email with your CV and a few words on why you think you’d be an awesome addition to our team.