Have the opportunity to take ownership of the codebase and be a vital part of an exciting Edinburgh tech start-up
You’ve probably heard of ‘co-working’ and maybe even flexible workspaces like WeWork. But what about when you need something more than just a space to put down a laptop? Occupyd lists all these types of spaces and allows entrepreneurs and small businesses to find and access them easily. We’re on a mission to make physical space work for people who need it, when and how they need it.
Our platform connects those who have extra space with those who need it. Our platform is a responsive web-focused online marketplace. As we get more feedback from our users, we are building more exciting features by the day. We make sure that what we build reflects the community that we’re building on our platform.
We have big plans to grow the business so we are looking for a full-stack developer who wants to get in on the ground floor and be an integral part of that journey. Our growing team is based in the heart of Edinburgh city centre, we’re a close-knit bunch with strong values and a passion for building an amazing place to work.
- You’ll be jumping into to an early stage product and take ownership of the code. You’ll be responsible for the system’s architecture and building solutions to business-critical problems
- You’ll have knowledge of Angular, NoSQL, Node.js and Firebase – or be confident that you can easily transfer what you know (from React, Vue, .Net, Laravel, etc.) to these technologies
- We’ve got exciting and interesting projects in the pipeline that we need your help with such as:
- New features including reviews & ratings to continuously ensure high-quality listings and build trust for our users
- Ongoing improvements in data collection so all teams are more informed when making decisions
- Improving our deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality
- Develop effective processes to ensure our code is high-quality with minimal defects.
- Understand the code thoroughly so that you can anticipate whether new functionality may affect existing and estimate feasibility.
We’re looking for a mid-to-senior level candidate who looks like this:
- You have opinions and want to do the right thing. You’ll get to own the product, so it’s important that you care about the direction it goes in
- You can talk to anyone – we come from a range of backgrounds and we appreciate anyone who can speak tech to us in ways we understand
- You’re very creative when solving problems – you understand the business requirements and use your expertise to make things happen through writing good code and developing a sustainable architecture.
Drop us an email with your CV and a few words on why you think you’d be an awesome addition to our team.