Get in at the ground floor of an exciting Edinburgh tech start-up and be the driving force behind community engagement.
You’ve probably heard of ‘co-working’ and maybe even flexible workspaces like WeWork. But have you ever wondered what happens when you need something more than just a space to put down a laptop? What if you need somewhere to ice your cupcakes? or space for your hot yoga class to stretch out? or somewhere to upcycle your vintage sideboards? Occupyd lists all these types of spaces and allows entrepreneurs and small businesses to find and access them easily.
We’re on a mission to make physical space work for people who need it, when and how they need it. Our platform connects those who have extra space with those who need it. Think a café that shuts at 3 handing over the keys to the next big chicken wing mogul so they can access affordable, flexible space to grow their business.. Right now food and drink is big for us, but the sky’s the limit.
Our platform has been up and running for about a year now and in that time, we’ve raised about £400,000 in seed funding, assembled an awesome team and started to grow our amazing user base.
We’re a small but growing team right now, based in the heart of Edinburgh. We’re a close-knit bunch with strong values and a passion for building an amazing place to work.
As Community Manager you’ll live everywhere you find our existing users and the ones who don’t know about us yet! You’ll need to LOVE social media and turn ideas in to reality. We’re an ambitious startup, this role will be varied and allow you to set your own course and decide how to achieve your objectives – with support from your fantastic colleagues of course!
- Work with the Head of Growth to devise strategy across the key channels; Social Media, Email, Communities and Blog.
- Own social posting across all our platforms and decide if we need new ones
- Engage with our users! Answer questions, help them out when they need it etc.
- Identify relevant communities to connect with and attract new followers
- Measure what you do and how well it works (or doesn’t!), learn from it and go again!
- Shout about us wherever you can and spread the word to grow our userbase
- Keep the blog looking good and up-to-date
- Review and approve listings
- Brilliantly sociable – you’ll have a way with words and connect with our audience to bring our brand to life.
- Expert knowledge of all things social – you’ll know your Instas from your TikToks and be the first to know about the next BIG thing
- Take the initiative – you’ll always be coming up with new ideas to test and ways to smash your goals and accelerate our growth
- Eager to learn – you’re naturally curious and work closely with your wonderful colleagues to constantly expand your and their knowledge
- We think this role would suit someone with 1-2 years’ experience but if you disagree, tell us why
Drop us an email with your CV and a few words on why you think you’d make an awesome Community Manager here. Don’t forget to include any relevant social profiles/blogs/side-hustles too!