By using Occupyd, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Space Seeker An Occupyd user who is looking for space
Space Owner An Occupyd user who has space and is making it available for hire
Space the facility that is being hired out, for example, a kitchen, a treatment room or a yoga studio.
Booking period the time between the start date and end date on a one-off booking requested by an Space Seeker and/or accepted by a space owner. In instances of recurring bookings, the booking period refers only to the booking period that has been paid for upfront and not future time.
Booking request a request made by an Space Seeker to a space owner to use the Space for the duration of the Booking Period
Confirmed booking a booking request that has been accepted by a Space Owner and is finalised
Booking fee any fees payable to Occupyd by either an Space Seeker or a Space owner in relation to a Confirmed Booking
Making Booking Requests
- Space Seekers can submit a Booking Request when viewing a listing. The Space Seeker will be required to provide their payment information but will not be charged at this time.
- After a Booking Request has been made, both parties can communicate and the Space Owner can either accept or decline the request.
- Once a request has been accepted, the Space Seeker will be charged for the Booking Period and the funds will be held by Stripe on behalf of Occupyd until 48 hours after the end of the Booking Period before being released to the Space Owner
- If the booking is for a recurring period and not a one-off, the amount will be automatically charged on a recurring basis.
Cancelling an unconfirmed booking request
- The Space Owner can choose to not accept the Booking Request which will serve to cancel the request.
- The Space Seeker can withdraw a Booking Request they have made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Space Seeker will not be charged when a booking is not accepted
- Neither party will be liable to pay any fees to Occupyd until a booking has been accepted.
Cancelling a confirmed booking
- Once a booking has been confirmed, either party can contact email@example.com to cancel the booking up until 48 hours before the start of the Booking Period providing a valid reason.
- Parties may still be liable for Occupyd fees when the booking is confirmed and then cancelled if there is no valid reason provided.
- We may, at our discretion, suspend or remove users that cancel Confirmed Bookings without a valid reason.
- Valid reasons include, but are not limited to, instances when:
- The Space is no longer available or suitable
- The description or depiction of the Space is inaccurate
- The Space contains health or safety hazards that would be reasonably expected to adversely affect the Space Seeker
- The Space Owner fails to provide reasonable access to the Space for the Space Seeker
- Injury, illness or death of either the Space Owner or the Space Seeker
- Subject to a booking being cancelled in advance of the booking period starting and a valid reason being provided, payment will be refunded to Space Seeker within 14 working days.
- Refund requests made during a booking period with a valid reason will be reviewed on a case by case basis.